Aurum Cantus Repair Instructions
Tools: Hex Keys of proper size to unscrew face plate
2 pieces of scotch tape
Non magnetic tweezers
Do 1 tweeter first keeping the second as a guide if you need to see how it is assembled.
- Remove face plate
- Remove tape and clean up surface of top bottom plates. Prepare 2 new similar pieces of tape. Plain scotch tape works…
- Remove top and bottom ribbon holding blocks and remember which goes where, they are not interchangeable
- Remove top and bottom wedge piece at top and bottom
- Remove old ribbon and clean all areas
- Take new ribbon, shiny side facing interior, and insert in one end first with the first ribbon corrugation hanging in the gap.
- Carefully center the ribbon and place the holding block over it. Apply strong pressure on the block with a finger, double check to insure the ribbon is still centered, put a piece of scotch tape over the excess ribbon on the top plate.
- Once the tape is holding the ribbon firmly, with a pencil, punch a small hole in the ribbon through the screw hole of the holding block and then screw the block back tightly. The ribbon should be still centered at the top of the gap.
- Stretch the ribbon slowly in the gap lining up the last corrugation with the end piece, center the ribbon and be ready to place the block firmly back in place.
- Once the ribbon is centered and the block is holding it down firmly, put a scotch tape piece over the excess ribbon to hold it in place
- Punch a hole through the ribbon and screw the holding block tightly.
- Screw the faceplate back.
- Magnets are extremely strong and will pull any tool through the front grill if you are not careful. Don’t blow air into the ribbon, it will destroy it.
- Ribbon should not touch the edges of the gap anywhere along the whole length
- Remember how tight the screws were initially and match when you rebuild it
Raven Point Source Specifications
- The face is 3.5 inch tall by 5.25 wide by 0.55 thick, 0.25 inch corner radius
- Cabinet cut out hole is 2.875 inch high by 4.0 inch wide
- The magnet is 4 inch deep and 4 inch wide
- The transformer is internal
- Good magnetic shielding, can be within 12 inch of a television
- Recommended crossover is 3000 Hz, 24 dB Linkwitz-Riley
- 6 ohm impedance, 91 dB sensitivity at 2.83 volts
- In cabinet frequency response with crossover network is +/- 1 dB to over 40 kHz
- The 150 degree wave guide greatly reduces cabinet edge diffraction
- The ribbon is 22mm behind the cabinet face, excellent time alignment for a 5.25 or 6.5 inch woofer
- The rear chamber is larger than a R3.2 MMX, so the water fall decay and impulse response are excellent ! It is aperodic damped with 21 mm thick real wool felt
- The face opening is 30 mm x 30 mm so it has similar radiation pattern as a 28 mm dome tweeter
- The emissive ribbon area is 15mm wide by 30mm long + 12m long suspension on each end to eliminate fatigue failure
- All parts are cast aluminum, all parts are powder coat black with fine texture